Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Advice from The Dr. Oz Show

MYTHS BUSTED ON DR. OZ
1) Don't drink Diet pop, the artificial sweetener makes you want to eat more sweets and junk foods because it doesn't satisfy your cravings for sweets.

2) The more calories you cut the more weight you will lose --- If you try to lose to much your body will go into starvation mode and your body will stop using calories. He recommends losing 500 calories a day. If you lose 3500 calories a week you will lose a pound a week.

3) Pasta/Carbs making me fat? Pasta is not a problem by itself but its all the stuff we add to it. The cheese and the sauce. Plus we are eating the incorrect amount. The amount you should eat is enough to fit in the hole when you make the A- Ok sign.

4) Eating after 8 will make you gain weight? The avg woman should consume 1800 to 2000 calories a day. Most people that eat after 8 have all ready consumed past there calorie limit and the foods they eat after ate are usually snacks. So it's not the time of day that makes you gain weight, its eating past your calorie intake.

5) Reduced fat product help you lose weight? this is a myth! He used PB as an example. The reduced fat has the same calories but they add 2x as much carbs and it contains hydrogenated vegetable oil which is a trans fat that is the primary source of artery clogging fats.

6) Dr Oz says to use Rice Bran oil because it is the healthiest oil and it may help you lose weight.

That's the advice he gave on yesterday's show. Hopefully it will help! He also had these healthy foods to try.....

Superfoods to Keep you YOUNG!
*To age gracefully eat Black Garlic (more expensive but doesn't have the smell of regular garlic)
*To help with Crows feet eat Jicama, excellent source of vitamin C, boosts collagen and fights wrinkles
*To help with Under eye circles eat Jerusalem Artichokes. They have 5x more iron than potatoes and fades the appearance of under eye circles (you get those circles more when you are lacking iron)
*Eat Purslane it contains omega's fatty acids, reduces heart disease & stroke risks
*To lower cholesterol use Sunflower Seed Butter it is rich in polyunsaturated fats

I try to find healthy tips to help us all. Anything diet and exercise related I enjoy reading up on. I want to lead a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life. I'm not stopping once I lose the weight. This is a lifestyle change because I want my kids to grow up healthy and they won't learn unless I teach them and follow a healthy lifestyle!

So now I am going to hit the country roads and go for a run!! I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 167. But I am going with 168 since it said that yesterday. If it still says 167 tomorrow than I'll change it. It seems like I am really losing weight fast this week. I don't know if its because I didn't lose for like a week and its catching up or is it that xygn pill? I just hope after I finish those samples I don't see the scale go up. It makes me nervous. I hope its just because I am working hard and eating right!! ahhhhhhhhh, i just really like seeing the scale go DOWN!!! lol

Til next time! Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment