Friday, February 3, 2012

bah I can't do math!! lol

If I lose another 1.8lbs than I will have a ten pound weight loss. I started at 183 pounds.

My mom posted a picture on my facebook that said it takes 4 weeks for you to notice the change in your body, 8 weeks for your close friends and family and 12 weeks for the world to know. Well I am almost at 4 weeks and I can see changes. Probably not enough for my friends or my family but I can feel it and it makes me feel better about myself. I'm not so worried about what my body looks like right now to everyone because I know that I am changing it and it isn't going to stay that way. I look forward to going to the gym and my body seems to say "Thank you" afterwards.

Today I spent an hour at the gym. I did 33 minutes on the elliptical and 33 minutes lifting weights. I am trying to spend at least a couple of workouts a week lifting some weights. I also do the video's at home when I'm not at the gym and I always do something with cardio when I am at the gym.

I asked Kohl if he thought my belly was getting smaller and he said yes. He's such a doll. I doubt that he can really tell but just having him say yes really boosted this mama's spirit. After that he lifted his shirt and said, is my belly getting smaller? And I informed him that it was, that he was stretching it up cause he was getting so tall. ;-)

Another thing Kohl does that makes me feel good is that he wants to exercise too. On the nice days at daycare he will tell me that he exercised by riding the tricycle, or he exercised because they went on a walk and he always wants to exercise with me. Today we bought jump ropes so we could exercise together with them. All of this encourages me to keep going. He also tells me when we can't eat something because it has too much sugar and than he informs me of what he ate at daycare. Like today he had donuts with lots of sugar but at home we can't have that. LOL

He's also a little talkative at daycare. He informed them that his mom's butt hurt. I'm not sure if he told them I'd been working out or just that my butt hurt! But he was concerned for me. LOL! All in all I am doing great and feeling great about my progress. Tomorrow I have to go to the gym because I didn't exercise on Wednesday. Than I'll take Sunday off and start the process over on Monday. We also measure again on Monday and I am excited to see what changes it will show ;-)

I hope my friends that are sticking with it see great results as well. We all deserve to reach our goals and seeing change motivates you more. One motivation I had yesterday at the gym was a magazine. As I was running on the treadmill I looked up to see a SHAPE magazine with a girl in a bikini with awesome legs and nice abs and I though, I could be like that if I keep going. I feel like I once looked like that and if I could look like that before why can't I look like that again. SO when I get to where I want to be I am going to appreciate it because it's taking a lot of hard work to get there. Doing this has given me a new insight on everyone who has set out to lose weight and succeeded. They all deserve a huge round of applause for not giving up! So to everyone reading this I say KEEP GOING! We can do this!

Love, Casey

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! Loved this post!! Very inspiring and funny thanks to Kohl!! Your doin great Casey stay on course!!

    ReplyDelete