Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day of Rest

Today I gave my body a break. I've ran a total of  20 miles this week! I will exercise tomorrow because I am planning to eat pizza and I had pizza today so I don't want to really unhealthy days in a row :S Today's pizza was unplanned but it was nice. Dustin's aunt and uncle came out and visited. They came with supper (gambino's) and we really enjoyed visiting with them.

I have been working on my speed on the treadmill. I ran 2 miles in 17.50 and the fastest I did 4 miles was 36.23. I've been increasing the incline on the treadmill to help me conquer the hills when I run outside at home. I'm also trying to increase my speed so I can run a mile faster. I seem to be able to run so much faster on a treadmill but I struggle outside. So I am hoping that if I keep pushing myself on the treadmill it will help with my endurance outside. It sure that heck can't hurt!

On June 30th my family is doing a 5k run together in KC and I am really looking forward to it. Its called the color run and at each kilometer they throw a different color on you and at the end the send a ton of color up in the air. It looks like a ton of fun.

I am thinking I'd like to do a 10k run this year and maybe by this fall I could do a half a marathon. I'd really like to push myself to do more because I feel like I can do it. I really enjoy how I feel after a long hard run. I am also loving the changes I am seeing in my body. I can't weight to get closer to my weight goal and each week I get a little closer. Today I weigh 170.4. I have lost 12.6 pounds and I have earned everyone of them.

I am so glad I didn't try the gimmick way out buy drinking some special drink or taking some pill. I love my new lifestyle and I don't plan to change it any time soon. I hope I can encourage my friends to keep working out with me. Some are struggling but maybe my drive will propel them to jump back in the boat. I'd love for them to feel as good as I do. Anyway, I'm signing off for now. Love to all! Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment