Thursday, January 26, 2012

CELLULITE

I have cellulite and I hate it. So I decided to do some research on it and here are some interesting facts I found and thought I should share!

Cellulite is created when fat manages to push its way through tiny holes in your connective tissue, the thick web of interwoven fibers just underneath your skin. Strong and healthy connective tissue forms a tighter web of interwoven fibers, preventing fat from pressing its way through. Weak, unhealthy connective tissue, on the other hand, more easily stretches apart, allowing tiny fat pockets to poke through.


WHAT SHAPE ARE YOU?
Genetically speaking, there are two predominant body types. Some people gain fat in their lower bodies, creating the pear shape mentioned earlier. Others tend to gain fat in their abdomens, creating what's known as an apple shape. (My body shape is PEAR)

GOOD NEWS FOR ME
Though you may have come to despise the fat on your hips and thighs, you should know that you have a major advantage over people who tend to gain it elsewhere. Research has shown over and over again that abdominal fat--and not hip and thigh fat--is particularly dangerous to your health. Abdominal fat more easily makes its way into your bloodstream, clogging your arteries. Thigh fat is much less likely to do so.

BAD NEWS FOR ME
Thigh fat is a little harder to burn off than belly fat. Abdominal fat is easy to hide with a big sweater. Thigh fat, on the other hand, is almost impossible to hide. And summer can be a very difficult time for women. Womean with fat thighs don't like wearing shorts and swimsuits because they hate revealing their legs. And your pants tend to hug too tightly in the thighs. (I've noticed that my belly is getting firmer---I have a pudge there too, but it seems to lose faster than the thighs, DAMN those thighs!)

At least I lost like 3 inches out of my thighs. I must be doing something right. ANyway, this week I did BBL to work my legs, hips and butt and today its back to the gym. I miss the gym on my days off from there. I think its good to switch my workouts up but it always feels good to get back to the gym.

However, I havent been to bed yet. I am up working and than I have school tomorrow.I am going to be one tired lady. Cus I am tired now! yikes! may have to buy something caffienated (not POP, tho)
Anyway, til next time! CJN

oh here's a picture from Septemeber of my nasty legs that need work!

No comments:

Post a Comment